Huddle is a leading cloud-based collaboration platform providing a secure way to share content and confidentially interact with clients. The Huddle software is the tool of choice for many accountants, corporate advisors, government contractors, and a variety of other industry professionals working in such fields as marketing, media, and construction.
Huddle works with a variety of use cases across medium and large companies. Firstly, there is the Huddle Board Portal, used for board meetings and governance. There are also Partner Portals, which help companies process management bids and service delivery. Additionally, there is more collaboration software, such as the government contractor platforms — Huddle is one of the most widely-used tools for government partners and contractors.
Certified by the highest industry standards, such as ISO27001, FIPPA, and SOC-2, Huddle encourages secure collaboration between clients, vendors, partners, and other team members — all while controlling file sharing and maximizing cost efficiencies.
As a platform with convenient Microsoft Office and Slack integration, a file management system, and a great technical support team, Huddle makes a perfect value for money. Huddle breaks its pricing plans into two convenient packages — Premier and Plus. Its pricing structure is quote-based, so it’s best to contact a Huddle sales representative for details.
Key advantages of Huddle
Huddle garners much praise from users on account of its watertight security, which earned it the FedRAMP seal for work with US government contractors.
Reviews also highlight internal collaboration and file management features such as Huddle version control — files are instantly updated across all user accounts and devices, allowing for easy and simultaneous teamwork.
The export feature is also highly praised among Huddle users. It allows for exporting tasks in a convenient CSV format — making it easy to audit workflow and drive process efficiencies.
Besides security and project management, clients also praise Huddle for ease of use, as it requires very little training and can be navigated by the less tech-savvy. This includes aspects such as:
- File transfer speed. The fast bulk upload and download features go a long way toward maximizing process efficiencies across the platform. Users can upload regular files of any type and format while enjoying a smooth process and quick upload speeds.
- Ease of launch. The desktop app runs smoothly and rarely suffers from bugs or downtime. In addition, Huddle is surprisingly capable of easily approaching several processes simultaneously.
- Offline work. A handy feature for facing internet issues, as it allows users to continue working with locally-saved changes and updates the cloud document as soon as it’s back online.
- Easy file previewing, viewing, and sharing. Users can easily arrange, add, delete, and securely share files with other users, potential clients, and bidders. The software also allows users to upload large files in their native file format, download folders, and export files conveniently — all with a friendly, familiar interface.
- Audit trail. Keep track of internal users’ actions or client engagements within the platform. Huddle allows accessing vast amounts of data. The software produces history reports highlighting document changes, as well as alerting admins to which files were downloaded, viewed, or shared by whom and when.
- Workspaces. Create separate workspaces to manage projects with different clients or teams. This helps prevent content from getting mixed up, as well as keeping sensitive files from being inadvertently leaked.
- E-signatures. Admins can request user-specific approvals from people who will then be notified and have the option to sign documents with the integrated DocuSign feature.
Admins can learn about the full collaboration features Huddle has to offer on its official website. To get detailed pricing information, reach out to the customer support team or a company sales representative.
- Calendar management
- Agenda management
- Project planning/scheduling
- Minutes management
- Collaboration tools
- Communication management
- Remote access
- Feedback management
- Knowledge base management
- Member directory
- Resource management
- Task management
- Version control
- Workflow management
- Milestone tracking
- File recovery
- File sharing
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified
- SAS 70 Type II and SSAE 16 data center accreditation
- 256-bit encryption
What does Huddle do best?
Huddle software is popular for corporations, accountancy agents, and government contractors. Furthermore, users boast of its high-security standards, simplistic design, and its vast toolkit because it facilitates remote collaboration and teamwork.
Below are some of the platform’s most emphasized aspects, such as integrations, ease of use, and prompt attention to client needs.
The potent Huddle integration capabilities are one of its main selling points. These include Microsoft Office, project management tools, communication platform integrations, and many more.
The most popular solutions Huddle integrates with are:
- Microsoft Office. View and edit Huddle cloud files through desktop Microsoft apps.
- Google for Work. Send and share Google sheets and docs.
- SharePoint. Provide access to SharePoint files.
- DropBox. Integrate your pre-existing folders and archives.
- Slack. Receive notification through Slack when files are edited or commented on.
- OneLogin. Enjoy the convenience of Single Sign-On (SSO).
Many of these integrations are used by government contractors when dealing with classified material, as they add a layer of protection over day-to-day transactions and even provide remote control over files that have been downloaded into users’ personal devices.
Fast and intuitive use
Huddle is also great for ease of use, as it simplifies tasks and allows users to work on an intuitive interface where files are easy to find, edit, and track. Two main points:
- Huddle offers native apps for Android and iOS, allowing users to keep collaborating on the go.
- Huddle provides a complete file version control. Even when several users work simultaneously on the same file, it is kept synchronized in real-time.
Clients in the logistics/transportation sector having to manage complex and large-scale projects with different implementation teams often benefit from the agility and intuitiveness afforded by Huddle.
Another point where Huddle stands out is the platform’s great technical support. The Huddle team is available 24/7 through multiple channels such as chat or phone and is always happy to help users whenever needed.
As previously mentioned, security is the central pillar of the Huddle architecture. This is reflected in the platform’s security seals (such as SOC-2). Huddle is compliant with all the relevant data protection legislation, such as the GDPR or the HIPAA requirements. This adherence to international security standards protects file sharing across Huddle.
Huddle brings a high level of security to the table, meaning it’s an ideal tool for companies working with external auditors or advisors, making it possible to share files while initially retaining a level of control over what happens to sensitive information.