DocSend board portal review
DocSend is a board management software company that was acquired by Dropbox in 2021 with over 25,000 companies across the world as its clients. Educational institutions, financial companies, and startups utilize board portals for virtual meetings and secure document sharing.
Besides offering a virtual data room platform, DocSend also has a wide range of advanced features, including digital watermarking, document management and analytics, e-signatures, and secure sharing. You can easily share business-critical documents, meeting materials, and other files in a secure environment.
This functionality simplifies the board management process and helps board directors easily tackle modern governance challenges. DocSend board portal software is suitable for small to medium businesses that are looking for a meeting management solution designed for efficient handling of the entire meeting lifecycle.
DocSend is powerful electronic board meeting software for effective board management, work in finance, fundraising, sales, business development, and recruiting. Dropbox DocSend is mobile-friendly and offers users the ability to access all needed documents from anywhere and at any time. The software can also be integrated with the tools you’re already using, like Outlook, Gmail, and Zapier.
Key advantages of DocSend board management software
DocSend users most frequently report the following advantages of this board management software.
A powerful portal meeting modern governance challenges
DocSend board management software provides its users with all needed tools for efficient board communications and effective board meeting management. The main features of this modern board portal software include:
- Create and share meeting agendas
- Schedule meetings, including leadership and committee meetings
- Sign documents and board papers with instant e-signatures
- Share board materials ahead of the leadership meetings
- Optimize board resources for modern governance best practices
- Upload files in different formats
- Ensure secure material distribution
- Share custom links to relevant documents
- Make board presentations
- Assign admins and secretaries to manage board meeting processes
Thanks to its user experience-focused design, DocSend serves as a comprehensive meeting platform with modern governance tools, legal entity management, security features, and premium support. DocSend users report that the platform’s user-friendliness is impeccable and provides a smooth and transparent experience. This is a great feature, as the board of directors won’t need to spend a lot of time learning new software.
Board meetings and private documents will be protected by high-grade security measures by DocSend. The users of DocSend usually highlight the importance of the following features for secure document sharing:
- AES 256-bit encryption
- Annual security awareness and privacy training for employee comprehension
- Access settings and user permissions
- Firewall and authentication
- Certified data centers with Transport Layer Security of SOC 1 Type II, Soc 2 Type II, and ISO 27001
DocSend is a cloud-based board portal, which means it’s entirely web-based. You and your team can use this secure data room and give access to third parties involved in the meetings whenever you need it. There’s no need for additional software or plug-ins to be installed.
Integration with tools you are already using
DocSend board meeting software allows for easy integration with popular cloud storage services like Box, Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, and Google Drive.
Premium customer support
DocSend is known for its support team’s responsiveness and friendliness. Support is accessible by phone, chat, and email. Additionally, users have access to the DocSend knowledge base, FAQs, and forum, as well as the option to seek in-person online training if necessary.
You can find instructions on how to get started and all the information you require in the DocSend support center. A 14-day free trial is instantly granted when you effortlessly sign up. By completing the form on the website, you can also request a demo.
You may find a thorough explanation of the trial time, restrictions, and important factors to take into account when utilizing a data room in the support center. A fundraising network, market research, templates, and other helpful resources are also accessible.
|Pricing plan||Monthly package price per user, per month||Annual package price per user, per month|
|Advanced||$250 (includes 3 users)||$150 (includes 3 users)|
|Enterprise||Contact vendor for pricing||Contact vendor for pricing|
- Rich media
- Custom branding
- Document classification and storage
- Drag-n-drop upload
- File sharing
- File upload by email
- User, role, and access management
- Alerts and notifications
- Third-party integrations with other apps
- Task management
- Real-time analytics and engagement tracking
- Proposal effectiveness reporting
- Reporting and dashboards
- Account-based engagement
- Document encryption with password protection
- SSL Security
- Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Viewer whitelisting
- Dynamic watermarking with users’ information displayed
- Mandatory NDA signature necessary for viewing highly confidential documents
- Audit trail
- End-to-end encryption and access controls
- Multi-factor authentication
- Email verification
DocSend is best for
- Scheduling meetings. With DocSend, secretaries can manage board meetings more efficiently and maintain full control over every aspect of the meeting. There are also board meeting minutes to make sure everything that’s been discussed is noted and saved.
- Managing board processes. DocSend offers a great meeting management solution with all needed tools for board members and admins to collaborate and communicate about important board processes.
- Corporate housekeeping. This board management solution allows you to securely manage all board meeting materials as well as critical business information by using the latest technology.
The key features of the DocSend board management solution that makes it stand out from the competitors include:
- Advanced corporate governance and collaboration tool
- Ability to manage the entire meeting process
- Effective board management and project management tool
- Total transaction management solution
- Equity plan administration
- Customizable security functionality
- Efficient management of multiple board meetings
- Communication with remote board members
Noteworthy are DocSend’s rich analytics resources that allow seeing all changes and user activity on multiple documents as well as analyzing the board’s progress on certain projects and topics.